The Jewish Federations of North America are hosting a Facebook Live worldwide celebration of Israel’s Independence Day on Wednesday, April 29.
- Matisyahu sings a medley of “One Day” with voices from The Jewish Agency for Israel’s Partnership2Gether communities and Jewish leaders from more than 30 countries, sharing a message of hope and celebration
- American TV and film star Joshua Malina discusses Israeli doctors and scientists on the front lines of the battle against COVID-19
- The Brothers Platt — Ben, Henry and Jonah Platt — sing in honor of Israel’s celebration
- Chefs from around the world debate whether falafel is the quintessential Israeli food, and Adeena Sussman, author of the bestselling cookbook Sababa, demonstrates how to make it
- Isaac Herzog, the son of the former Israeli President Chaim Herzog, tells a story about Israel’s War of Independence, then pays tribute to former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion
- Exclusive footage shows Israel’s official Independence Day ceremony on Mt. Herzl
- Viewers join for a finale with the singing if Israel’s national anthem, “Hatikva,” led by two celebrity female vocalists — Rita from Israel and Caissie Levy from Canada — and a group of Israeli and Diaspora Jewish musicians
Looking for more? JFNA and its partners in North American and around the world are working on additional Yom Haatzmaut programming . You can see more here.
Get a head start on the celebration now by sharing your thoughts, wishes and favorite memories of Israel on social media using #JewishTogether, #CelebrateIsrael, and #Israel72. Invite friends and family using the Facebook event’s “Invite” function. And post photos or videos on hashtag #IsraelToMe.