The Jewish Federations of North America are hosting a Facebook Live worldwide celebration of Israel’s Independence Day on Wednesday, April 29.
The event celebrating Israel’s 72nd birthday can be viewed on JFNA’s Facebook page or its YouTube page. No login is required. Beginning at 11 a.m. Mountain Standard Time,
- Matisyahu sings a medley of “One Day” with voices from The Jewish Agency for Israel’s Partnership2Gether communities and Jewish leaders from more than 30 countries, sharing a message of hope and celebration
- American TV and film star Joshua Malina discusses Israeli doctors and scientists on the front lines of the battle against COVID-19
- The Brothers Platt — Ben, Henry and Jonah Platt — sing in honor of Israel’s celebration
- Chefs from around the world debate whether falafel is the quintessential Israeli food, and Adeena Sussman, author of the bestselling cookbook Sababa, demonstrates how to make it
- Isaac Herzog, the son of the former Israeli President Chaim Herzog, tells a story about Israel’s War of Independence, then pays tribute to former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion
- Exclusive footage shows Israel’s official Independence Day ceremony on Mt. Herzl
- Viewers join for a finale with the singing if Israel’s national anthem, “Hatikva,” led by two celebrity female vocalists — Rita from Israel and Caissie Levy from Canada — and a group of Israeli and Diaspora Jewish musicians
Looking for more? JFNA and its partners in North American and around the world are working on additional Yom Haatzmaut programming . You can see more here.
To stay informed, select “Going” on the Facebook event or sign up to have updates delivered straight to your email.
Get a head start on the celebration now by sharing your thoughts, wishes and favorite memories of Israel on social media using #JewishTogether, #CelebrateIsrael, and #Israel72. Invite friends and family using the Facebook event’s “Invite” function. And post photos or videos on hashtag #IsraelToMe.