About 60 community members celebrated with Tucson’s outgoing shinshinyot (Israeli teen emissaries), Rotem Rapaport and Ron Benacot, as they were called to the Torah at Temple Emanu-El on Saturday, June 15. The young women had celebrated coming of age with parties in Israel, but neither had read from the Torah. With their year of service in Tucson complete, they are returning to Israel to begin their military service.
- Young Men’s Group aims for community interaction
- Young Women’s Cabinet plans to ‘Be the Change’
- Men connect through ChaiLife gathering
- Tucson J introduces goat yoga – no kidding!
- PJ Library celebrates founder’s birthday
- BBYO teen leader featured in national publication
- Homer Davis Elementary School teachers overjoyed by donation
- TJJ entertains with Jewish Summer Arts Festival
- Israeli Scouts perform in Tucson
- Xela Magaly Keith-Chirch