The University of Arizona will present webinars on the COVID-19 pandemic on Friday, April 3 and Tuesday, April 7, 9:30-11 a.m. at https://global.arizona.edu/covid-19-resources.
Today’s webinar, hosted by the College of Medicine, will feature Dr. Monica Kraft, Robert and Irene Flinn Professor of Medicine and Department of Medicine chair, and Dr. Joshua Lee, executive physician for Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, discussing the biology, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.
The April 7 webinar, hosted by the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine, will feature six experts, including center founder and director Dr. Andrew Weil, and will focus on integrative strategies to supplement public health methods to prevent the spread of the virus. In addition to Weil, presenters include:
- Dr. Ann Marie Chiasson, director of the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine and associate professor of clinical medicine in the Center for Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Randy Horowitz, medical director of the Center for Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Esther Sternberg, Center for Integrative Medicine research director, Andrew Weil Endowed Chair for Research in Integrative Medicine, and founding director of the UArizona Institute on Place, Wellbeing and Performance
- Dr. Victoria Maizes, executive director of the Center for Integrative Medicine, clinical professor of medicine and public health, and the Andrew Weil Endowed Chair in Integrative Medicine
- Lise Alschuler, professor of clinical medicine and assistant director of the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the Center for Integrative Medicine.