Tucson Hebrew Academy’s lower school (kindergarten through fourth grades) put on a ’50s-style Hanukkah Hop show of song and dance on Thursday, Dec. 6. The production was attended by parents, grandparents, other family and friends.
- New emoji is Israel’s way of saying ‘wait a minute,’ but others also claim it
- From bialy to ‘Jew York,’ Oxford English Dictionary adds dozens of (sometimes offensive) Jewish-themed words and phrases
- New documentary featuring Bill Clinton examines anti-Semitism in US and Europe
- Steven Spielberg’s film company acquires rights to novel about Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- San Diego Padres pull cap with logo that fans say looks like a swastika
- Russian comfort food is making a comeback in Israel
- He’s Jewish, she’s Muslim. His jazz band’s song ‘Date a Jew’ talks about the pressures surrounding their relationship.
- Exhibit at Phoenix Art Museum explores India’s influence on fashion
- Bet Shalom farm festival will celebrate desert garden, New Year for trees, family fun
- Local workshops will guide unity against harassment, bias