The Arizona Jewish Post welcomes suggestions for local stories. As a Jewish community newspaper, we focus on Jewish themes or organizations.
We also publish photographs from Jewish community events; see below for photo guidelines.
The print edition of the AJP is published biweekly on Fridays (24 issues/year). The publicity deadline is the Tuesday 10 days before the issue date. Click here for publication deadlines.
To submit information about an upcoming event for a news story, e-mail a press release briefly describing the event (including date, time, location and cost) to [email protected] or mail it to the address above. Include a phone number where you may be reached. If your event includes a speaker, please include a photograph of him/her. All press releases may be edited.
If you are planning a special event that you believe warrants an AJP feature story, please call or send a brief summary at least six weeks before the event explaining what makes the program newsworthy. We also welcome ideas for feature stories that are not time-sensitive.
Click here to submit original letters to the editor. You may also e-mail letters to Phyllis Braun or mail them to the address above. Include your full name, residence address and daytime phone number. Please limit letters to 200 words. The AJP reserves the right to edit letters for clarity, content and length.
Items for People in the News or Business Briefs may be e-mailed to [email protected] or mailed to the address above. For lifecyle events and obituary submissions, go to the drop-down menu under “Contacts.”
For additional information – including information about columns we publish, such as “First Person” and our “Shout Out” youth column — please contact Executive Editor Phyllis Braun.
Looking for information about local synagogues and Jewish organizations? Please visit jewishtucson.org.
Photos from community events may be published in the print edition’s “In Focus” feature, which appears on the Our Town page or as its own page. While the print edition can accommodate one or two photos per event, additional photos may be published on the website’s “Photo Gallery” page. The guidelines below also apply to photos submitted with a news or feature story.
- Action shots are best. We prefer photos showing people engaged in activities rather than posed photos. The fewer people, the better. Pictures of 1-4 people are better than big group shots.
- Photos should be accompanied by a brief paragraph describing the event and a caption listing the first and last names of the people pictured, left to right.
- Please obtain a written release from the parent of any child under age 18.
- Give photo credit. Tell us who took the photo, if possible, so we can print a photo credit. However, the AJP does not print photo credits for headshot photos.
- Digital pictures must be a JPEG image of at least 150 dpi. They may be emailed to [email protected].
Prints may be sent by postal mail or dropped off at our office. If you would like the photo returned, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
3718 E. River Road, Suite 272, Tucson, AZ 85718
Phone: 520-319-1112 • Fax: 520-319-1118