The Jewish Community Awards and Welcome Back Celebration will be held on Nov. 1 at 5:15 pm at the Tucson Jewish Community Center Sculpture Garden. The event will honor those working to enhance Jewish life in Southern Arizona and celebrate the opportunity to come together as a community once again.
It will include special recognition awards honoring lay or professional leaders from each of the Federation’s beneficiary and affiliated agencies. The event will begin at 5:15 pm, with time for guests to greet each other before the program begins. After the ceremony, there will be a reception with music and refreshments. Registration is required.
The Federation will be honoring the following individuals:
- Jill Rich, Woman of the Year
- David Hameroff, Man of the Year
- Aaron Rottenstein, the Gary I. Sarver Award: Young Man of the Year
- Carlos Hernandez, Ben & Betty Brook Community Professional Award
- Sam Goldfinger, Rabbi Arthur R. Oleisky Teen Recognition Award
Tucson’s Jewish community agencies will be honoring:
- Isaac Rothschild, Tucson Jewish Community Center
- Kathy Gerst, Tucson Hebrew Academy
- Heather Wolfson, University of Arizona Hillel Foundation
- Hedy Feuer, Jewish History Museum & Holocaust History Center
- James Gierke, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of Southern Arizona
Award winners from Southern Arizona’s congregations will also be announced.