Congregation M’kor Hayim has joined the Union for Reform Judaism, the association of nearly 900 Reform congregations in North America. “Our congregation began in 2008. Now that we are fully established locally, we felt it was time to connect with the wider Jewish community,” Rabbi Helen Cohn said. She and M’kor Hayim President Carol Weinstein will attend the URJ Biennial later this month. Other local URJ member congregations include Or Chadash and Temple Emanu-El.
- For Italian Jews, the ‘smell of death’ is all around
- You don’t need Zoom or Skype to say Kaddish without a minyan. Here’s a healthier option for the community.
- On Sunday, the rabbi logged on to Zoom: A bride and groom were waiting
- Handmaker temporarily limits outside visitors
- Or Chadash, Temple Emanu-El explore merger
- Neo-Nazis target editor of Jewish publication
- JFSA, others cancel events, focus on giving, digital resources in face of coronavirus
- Local woman gives Montefiore’s ‘Der Rebbe’ painting to Oro Valley Chabad
- JHM vandalism symptom of rising anti-Semitism
- Congregation Or Chadash Sisterhood shines a light on volunteer Sandock