J Street founder and President Jeremy Ben Ami (right) honored Larry Gellman Dec. 16 at the first major event the pro-Israel group hosted in Tucson. More than 110 people, including a broad range of political leaders, rabbis, and Jewish professional and community leaders, attended. The event featured a timely conversation about the challenges facing Israeli and American Jews between Ben Ami and former undersecretary of state Wendy Sherman and raised more than $30,000.
- ‘Services, but not shul’: How Orthodox communities are preparing for a pandemic High Holiday season
- JFSA Women’s Philanthropy to present session with ‘Way to Be’ authors
- A holiday marking one societal rupture, Tisha B’Av spurs Jewish creativity amid another
- ‘Unorthodox,’ ‘Schitt’s Creek,’ ‘Maisel’ and more: Here are all the notable Jewish Emmy nominations for 2020
- After George Floyd, Jewish institutions consider their own shortcomings on race
- Israel will allow foreign students to enter country to begin studies
- Israel’s schools will open on time even with rise in coronavirus cases, education minister asserts
- Abe Foxman’s next act: Raising $28 million to feed thousands of struggling Holocaust survivors
- Some synagogues are opting for high quality over homegrown when it comes to online services. Is that a good thing?
- Portland-area rabbis call on Department of Homeland Security to withdraw federal agents