“Live, from Tucson, it’s Tuesday night!” The class of 2019 kicked off the 41st Tucson High School for Jewish Studies (Hebrew High) Commencement on April 30 in the rousing spirit of “Saturday Night Live.” The program, driven and written by the students, featured all the hallmarks of SNL, includin g an opening skit, “Senior Update,” video montage credits, and a selection of parodies. Among the jokes about Hebrew High dinners and strong personalities were meaningful moments of inspiration as well, including poems, a D’var Torah, and a personal blessing for each graduate from Hebrew High Director Rabbi Ruven Barkan. The 15 graduates received gifts from Senior Class Advisor Sarah Artzi and their congregational rabbis. Nine also were awarded certificates for Hebrew for Credit.
- New Women’s March board member has called Israel a ‘racist’ state that ‘engages in terrorism’
- Israeli elections and analysis available online in English
- Annual Project Isaiah food drive to help the hungry
- Young Men’s Group aims for community interaction
- Young Women’s Cabinet plans to ‘Be the Change’
- Men connect through ChaiLife gathering
- THA Tikkun Olam dinner to celebrate co-founder Bertie Levkowitz
- Tucson J introduces goat yoga – no kidding!
- Israeli to bring intercultural storytelling power
- Shinshinim’s first weeks in Tucson end with road trip