Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona Women’s Philanthropy held its fall kickoff event, “Salsa in the Sukkah,” on Wednesday, Oct. 16. Youth On Their Own Development Director Bethany Neumann and Youth Ambassador Hope Sherise spoke about YOTO, Women’s Philanthropy social action beneficiary, which helps homeless or unaccompanied students graduate high school. About 75 guests enjoyed tapas and cocktails from El Charro in the sculpture garden of the Tucson Jewish Community Center and joined in waving the lulav and etrog in the sukkah. The evening included an announcement of the speaker for the Women’s Philanthropy Connections event on March 8: Dr. Ruth Westheimer.
- Congregation Anshei Israel Hires New Early Childhood Director
- JFCS Honors Jill Rozenzweig with Programs, Fund
- THA 8th Graders Celebrate Graduation on Campus
- Jewish Latino Teen Coalition in Washington, D.C.
- THA 8th Graders Go to Israel!
- What Passover Looks Like On Campus
- Arts for All Joins the Tucson J Family, Offering More Opportunity for the Whole Community
- THA’s Hagigat HaSefer – Receiving the first Siddur
- Wyatt Earp’s Jewish connection and more included in a new documentary
- “When Adar begins, we increase in joy.” Mishenichnas Adar marbim b’simcha; משנכנס אדר מרבין בשמחה ;