Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona Women’s Philanthropy held its fall kickoff event, “Salsa in the Sukkah,” on Wednesday, Oct. 16. Youth On Their Own Development Director Bethany Neumann and Youth Ambassador Hope Sherise spoke about YOTO, Women’s Philanthropy social action beneficiary, which helps homeless or unaccompanied students graduate high school. About 75 guests enjoyed tapas and cocktails from El Charro in the sculpture garden of the Tucson Jewish Community Center and joined in waving the lulav and etrog in the sukkah. The evening included an announcement of the speaker for the Women’s Philanthropy Connections event on March 8: Dr. Ruth Westheimer.
- Over 150 rockets fired from Gaza after Israel assassinates Islamic Jihad leader
- JFSA’s new Olson Center open in Northwest
- Sharing Israeli culture, learning about U.S.
- Stone Avenue Block Party to host four Arizona bands
- When he’s not repairing books, local retiree turns them into works of art
- Garden of Hope expands J outdoor exhibits
- As evenings start to turn chilly, Tucson restaurants bring on comfort foods
- Tucson collector goes nuts for nutcrackers
- ‘Greetings’ and mazel tov — why a nice Jewish boy enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1969
- Tucson J seeks applications for pilot Women InPower leadership program