Tucsonan Sam Goldfinger, president of Tucson’s AZA chapter of BBYO, was featured in an article “A Shabbat to Remember and Never Forget” from eJewishPhilanthropy, an independent online publication. Sam and five other teens gave a D’var Torah honoring visiting Holocaust survivors during BBYO’s International Kallah summer program in Lake Como, Pennsylvania, from July 17-Aug. 6. The Tucson Jewish Community Center coordinates the local BBYO teen program.
- Annual Project Isaiah food drive to help the hungry
- Young Men’s Group aims for community interaction
- Young Women’s Cabinet plans to ‘Be the Change’
- Men connect through ChaiLife gathering
- THA Tikkun Olam dinner to celebrate co-founder Bertie Levkowitz
- Tucson J introduces goat yoga – no kidding!
- Israeli to bring intercultural storytelling power
- Shinshinim’s first weeks in Tucson end with road trip
- In Israel’s south, English classes give kids a leg up
- PJ Library program offers cash for multi-family gatherings