Tucsonan Sam Goldfinger, president of Tucson’s AZA chapter of BBYO, was featured in an article “A Shabbat to Remember and Never Forget” from eJewishPhilanthropy, an independent online publication. Sam and five other teens gave a D’var Torah honoring visiting Holocaust survivors during BBYO’s International Kallah summer program in Lake Como, Pennsylvania, from July 17-Aug. 6. The Tucson Jewish Community Center coordinates the local BBYO teen program.
- JHM learning trip digs deep into southern border migration issues
- Museum to honor Eilat-Kahn, second generation Holocaust survivor
- JFSA’s new Olson Center open in Northwest
- Sharing Israeli culture, learning about U.S.
- Happy with legacy, Tucson mayor looks forward to practicing, teaching law
- Stone Avenue Block Party to host four Arizona bands
- When he’s not repairing books, local retiree turns them into works of art
- Archaeology, wine intersect in upcoming UA lecture
- Series will blend Torah insights, modern psychology
- Garden of Hope expands J outdoor exhibits