Edith Weingarten Fox, a Holocaust survivor who settled in Buffalo, New York, and moved to Tucson in her later years, died Feb. 16, 2020. Mrs. Fox was born in Czechoslovakia and was 13 when World War II started. She survived a Polish ghetto and the Auschwitz and Theresienstadt concentration camps. In 2017, at age 90, she told her story to Nina Trasoff, a “friendly visitor” through Jewish Family & Children’s Services Holocaust survivors program. Read her story at www.bit.ly/tucsonedithfox. Memorial contributions may be made to the Jewish History Museum/Holocaust History Center, www.jewishhistorymuseum.org.
- Rabbi Cantor Emily Ellentuck Ordained
- Louchheim-Voorhees Wedding
- Of Blessed Memory: Phyllis Salmon
- Of Blessed Memory: Edward Feder
- Bar Mitzvah: Benjamin Aronson
- Happy 90th, Rabbi Seltzer!
- Of Blessed Memory: Dr. Jill Rosenzweig
- Ellie Teitel born
- Harold Shapiro dies
- Of Blessed Memory: Sally Duchin