Participants at the Tucson Jewish Community Center weekly Goat Yoga class get a workout and then some. They are joined by miniature kids from Goats of Tucson Yoga. At the hour-long evening program, the yogis usually are more interested in the costumed creatures than yoga poses, especially when plank, table, or downward goat poses provide open invitations for the creatures to leap aboard, as Jane the ballerina demonstrates in this photo. Love and laughter reign as the athletes cuddle and pose for photos with their goat partners. The Tuesday classes are at 6 p.m. near the J pool and cost $20. For more information, contact the J at 299-3000. See more photos and goat yoga locations on Facebook at GOT Yoga Goats of Tucson.
- JFSA Women’s Philanthropy to present session with ‘Way to Be’ authors
- A holiday marking one societal rupture, Tisha B’Av spurs Jewish creativity amid another
- ‘Unorthodox,’ ‘Schitt’s Creek,’ ‘Maisel’ and more: Here are all the notable Jewish Emmy nominations for 2020
- After George Floyd, Jewish institutions consider their own shortcomings on race
- Israel will allow foreign students to enter country to begin studies
- Israel’s schools will open on time even with rise in coronavirus cases, education minister asserts
- Abe Foxman’s next act: Raising $28 million to feed thousands of struggling Holocaust survivors
- Some synagogues are opting for high quality over homegrown when it comes to online services. Is that a good thing?
- Portland-area rabbis call on Department of Homeland Security to withdraw federal agents
- Important announcement about the AJP from the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona board of directors