Bella Wexler, a sophomore at Catalina Foothills High School, has earned a scholarship from the U.S. State Department to study in Xiamen, China, this summer. She will study Mandarin in the State Department’s National Security Language Initiative for Youth, a language-immersion program. Wexler is a member of the Jewish-Latino Teen Coalition.
- JHM learning trip digs deep into southern border migration issues
- JFSA’s new Olson Center open in Northwest
- Museum to honor Eilat-Kahn, second generation Holocaust survivor
- Sharing Israeli culture, learning about U.S.
- Happy with legacy, Tucson mayor looks forward to practicing, teaching law
- Stone Avenue Block Party to host four Arizona bands
- When he’s not repairing books, local retiree turns them into works of art
- Archaeology, wine intersect in upcoming UA lecture
- Series will blend Torah insights, modern psychology
- Garden of Hope expands J outdoor exhibits