Pinchas Zohav, community chaplain for the Ruth & Irving Olson Center for Jewish Life (Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona Northwest Division); his wife, Rita Zohav; Northwest Director Phyllis Gold; and Northwest staff member Carol Nudelman celebrated Shabbat on Friday, Oct. 4, with residents at Sunrise Senior Living. Zohav celebrates Shabbat at various senior living communities in the Northwest.
- They thought a Jewish school in Oakland would be able to accommodate their gender-fluid child. It wasn’t that simple.
- Reform movement gets $600,000 grant to support racial justice and improve diversity
- Doing this daily Jewish ritual has helped me cope with coronavirus
- JFSA Women’s Philanthropy to present session with ‘Way to Be’ authors
- Uzbekistan Jews fight to save 124-year-old synagogue from demolition
- Confused about Judaism’s view on the afterlife? Start by watching ‘The Good Place.’
- The pandemic’s first High Holiday season has synagogues wondering: Will people pay dues?
- New ‘kosher Netflix’ streaming service in Israel lets viewers skip the immodest parts
- After George Floyd, Jewish institutions consider their own shortcomings on race
- Abe Foxman’s next act: Raising $28 million to feed thousands of struggling Holocaust survivors